Yakking With Professionals

Yakking With Professionals
Slip, slap, splash, there goes Taj straight into the water. Everyone laughs as we’re waiting for Starlo and Al Mcglashan, We all can’t wait, we’re actually meeting them. What surprises are we up for?
I bet you Al will be the first one here to catch a fish. ‘’Yeah’’, said Liam. ‘’No way, Starlo will be’’, said Taj. ‘’That’s just what you think, said Jaiden and Liam. ‘’All Starlo does is brag about ‘his’ Squidgy lures!’’.
‘’Yeah, well they’re the best’’ said Taj. ‘’No way, Z-man are the best’’ said Liam. ‘’We’re going for bream’’ said Taj. ‘’Duh, Z-man are the best for bream,’’ said Jaiden. ‘’Well just you wait’’ said Taj, ‘’I’ll catch more!’’. ‘’Ok’’, said Liam and Jaiden. ‘’Lets have a comp’’ said Jaiden and Liam. “Ok, winner gets a Stella 1000 Kmart gear and an Expride each looser gets JW rod reel.
“Hey’’ Jaiden isn’t your birthday! ‘’Said Liam’’ ‘’Yeah’’ it is,’’ said Taj ‘’Oh well happy birthday ‘’yeah’’ thanks guy’s. oh !!! look!!! look!!! There here yes so who’s ready to go fishing ‘’yeah’’ let’s go. As we are kayaking down the creek Bang!!! Al hooks on yelling ‘’Out big bream big bream!
‘’You guys got your stick baits on right’’, ‘’Yeah’’ Good because look at all the surface action busting up down the back of the creek’’. Oh thank you ‘’Come on guys let’s go paddle paddle!!! Let’s go catch some bream.
So as we are paddling big bream bust the Surface right next to me I chuck my lure at it and start to walk the dog then bang Liam, Taj and I hook up all at the same time. Taj gets his in Liam and I didn’t even know it was a bream. It was that small it would’ve been at least 10cm it was tiny! And the surprise was he caught it on a 30cm skirt. That bream must have been pretty territorial!
Liam gets his in it was a whopping 35cm bream. ‘’Nice Liam good fish. I’m still getting mine in its screaming my reel down past the snags and mangroves I just manage to pull it out I put my rod in the rod holder and paddle towards it. And get it in to the open and after 5mins I get in my kayak omg! It’s the best and biggest bream of my life definitely my PB. 50cm wow! 30mins later we head back. Well today has been a good day we have been out for 7 hours. because you guys have been really good and that it’s Jaiden’s birthday we have some special gift’s for you Liam you get a Stella 1000 and a expride and you Jaiden you get a daiwa certate and a black label rod and a box of zman lures and a box of hard bodies and you Taj get a shimano kid Stix rod and a shimano ix reel and a JW rod and reel and a Kmart lure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!