The Spy Files

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

The year is 2114 and there are dangerous tensions between America and Russia. Also, there have been reports of nuclear strikes near the area! The global warming temperatures are going haywire and there are only 80 safe zones around various countries. Cody is a poor boy with a poor family, he is 16. What more could go wrong…


One day some military personnel came to the area to make sure the nuclear strikes were far enough away to not be lethally dangerous. But when one of the particularly old sargents saw Cody and said “You know you would be fit to be a spy”. Cody said “What!” he was so surprised.

He heard that the Sargent talked a lot about this strange spy business. Cody started to feel streaks of anger because he wasn’t being told anything.

Finally, he took Cody with him for a drive. Cody asked where they were going in the hover car but Sargent just grunted and shouted “none of your business!”.

“Where are we going anyway?” Cody asked. “To a spy training facility and I will be your mentor. Names Jones” he grunted, “and you must be Cody?” he said. “How did you know that?” asked Cody “because we know everything” replied Jones. “You are about to enter a secret spy training facility underground.” said Jones. “When are we going to get there?” replied Cody

“We are here - have you not noticed?” “No I haven’t” replied Cody “because it’s just countryside”. “Ohh sorry I forgot to release the hologram wall” said Jones “guys release the hologram wall” said Jones. “WWHHAATT, that was so cool!” just at that moment Cody had seen the countryside disappear and be replaced by a circular dome shaped building that seemed to be underground. But how could it be underground because it seemed to go for kilometres long. “This is B50 spy headquarters otherwise known as Blaze 50, there are about 50 spy headquarters around the world and they are called the United Spy Network and this is the control centre” said Jones. “You will receive your gadgets training and assignments tomorrow” said Jones. “I will be waiting for you in room 19”.

Cody woke to find himself in a circular room and a small note was on the door, it was a guide to Blaze 50. Cody had a quick breakfast then walked down to room 19. Jones was waiting for him in the room, he had lots of cool gadgets with him such as a small laser pistol and a taser he also had some cluster bomb grenades a laser proof vest. “Whooo, do I get to use this stuff?” asked Cody, “Yep” said Jones. They began training that day and it seemed to go on forever...

Until one day, Jones announced Cody was ready. He was a spy.

Weeks later as he entered Russia, something sharp with the power of a sledge hammer entered his shoulder. He fell to the ground.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!