Family Skiing Trip

I'm so excited! We were going to Perisher in the Snowy Mountains for a whole week, and no school work! Getting out of town was the worse part of the road trip because there was so much traffic! It took about 3 and a half hours, luckily I had my iPad to keep me amused. When we arrived at the holiday house, we felt very cold, looking at the temperature in the house, it was minus 5 degrees. This house was my dad’s friends holiday house, this family was with us for this holiday.
We settled in and the house was huge, I almost got lost! It was 9:00 when the family arrived, after dinner we all went to bed and was ready for the next day. We woke up at 7:00, had breakfast and we drove to the snow. There we hired skis, I didn't have to go to ski school because my dad will take me up to the blue or black courses to go skiing on. The snow was slushy so it was hard to ski. When we were about to leave the snow for today, my mum said if I wanted a hot chocolate. I said yes straight away, so we got on a lift and went up to mid station where we could buy a hot chocolate. Mum and me had a little break while we were enjoying our hot chocolate and we could watch the other people skiing downhill.
This was great holiday until the second last day. I woke up and I did the normal routine, had breakfast and talked about what great fun we were all having. We arrived at the snow and I did a couple of runs to get me back on skis. On one run that I did with my dad and my mum, we saw Aidan's family on the lift and waved to them, my mum bent back and waved to them, but then she fell into the snow and was stuck there for a while. My dad and I were at the bottom of the run but my mum was at the top of the run so we couldn't help her. What were we to do!
Fortunately, there were some people there to help her, but they had difficulty also trying to not fall over too. Finally, a man helped her back up and we were on the run again. For the rest of the time, my dad insisted that he would go at the back to catch my Mum if she fell again. We were so pleased that Mum was okay even though it was funny.
I would rate this holiday one of the best of the best because I love snow, Mum and dad loved it too.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!