A Mixed Fairytale

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

"Mum Where is my Tiara?" I yelled across the house.
Hi my name is Ella, my mum and I have been invited to the Queens Balls. I'm so excited. Of course I am wearing a beautiful gown with purple flowers on it and of course matching purple and blue high heels. But my tiara has vanished! Mum has not seen it but thought it was on my duchess. "AARRGGHH." I have checked there 100 times already and it's NOT THERE!!! I'll just have to wear my daggy, broken old purple diamond tiara instead.
When we arrived I could smell something revolting coming from inside the palace. Prince Jarred, Prince Jed and Princess Sophie were eating (or should I say tolerating) supper. Broccoli and gravy DISGUSTING! "Mum do we really have to eat that?" I felt like vomiting. "No my darling! We are eating pizza instead!" PIZZA at the Queens Ball? Now that's just weird. But the smell of the pizza was delicious, obviously too delicious, as next thing I knew something grabbed me! AAAHHHHH! MUM! HHHELP! I kept on yelling out to mum but she couldn't hear me.
Creak! Grunt! Snort! What was that? "Who are you?" I screamed. "I'm Jack the giant and if you don't be quiet I'll eat you for my supper!"
"PPPPLLEEASE Giant let me go, my mum will be so worried about me." "What's your name little weird thing?" The giant bellowed. Mmmy nnname is Eeellaa I shook with fear and I'm a princess." I'll take you home if you let me eat some of your pizza?"
"Ok!" I mumbled. I noticed the giant had a really, really long golden plait (kind of like Rapunzel). "If you let me climb down your plait I will get you some pizza?" "My plait is very important and can't be damaged or I will shrink." The Giant explained.
As I climbed down the giants plait I started to cut it with my broken old tiara. I got ready for a big fall but it was all I could think of to save us from the giant.
I fell down and the giant shrunk down so tiny that he was smaller than a mouse. We were all safe! From now on I'll stick to revolting broccoli and gravy.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!