The Red Skies Of Almatron

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Zed's eyes gleamed and stared into the red skies of Almatron. It was one of his last sights of his home planet. The fight against Earth in the army was a terrible idea. He was given the choice but didn't think of what the consequences would be. All he was thinking about was being a hero but after thinking about it longer, he would be no hero. No hero for his family at least. He thought back to his terrible decision and walked away. He looked at his old cabin where he used to play with his friends in. He remembered joking about Earth ever attacking Almatron, but now he realised, that was no joke anymore. He still remembered his parents crying when he said he would join the army. He wanted to turn back, but he couldn't. The military ship landed to pick him up. The loud sound of the engines roared in his ears. "Are you ready soldier? We need to prove to that planet that we're the only strong humans in this universe!" the General shouted. Zed nodded. He grabbed his equipment and gear and started walking slowly towards the ship. "Faster soldier!" the General barked. Zed started to jog. The wind of the engine started to blow through his thick blue hair. His feet slammed onto the metal flooring. General Doom pointed at the pilot and the ship slowly lifted itself of the ground. It started to move forward over the orange and green landscape. The grey hands from below lifted up in recognition of the soldiers. Knowing that they were fighting very different humans was weird, they did fight many races before that but they weren't human beings. Zed thought back to the story that his dad told him. The Earthlings came to this planet and combined their skin and lungs to the plantation that was growing there. By the time the planet was named Almatron, the Earthling humans and Almatronians were mating. It changed after that. Earthlings were kicked out of the planet in around 2438. It had been over a hundred years since that and the Earthlings finally decided to fight back. Zed started to believe how innocent Earthlings were. "General, is it really necessary to fight with them? They created us," Zed said. They all laughed. "If you were being serious soldier, you wouldn't be here," the general laughed. "Well, well. I am being serious," Zed growled. The General took his electric blade out. "Listen here soldier, that was years ago. Now we are our own planet," the general swung his blade at Zed. He quickly jumped. "Aaah!" Zed fell off the ship. He pressed the red button on his blazer and a parachute came. He landed in the green waters and finally realised it was better to help and not fight. He began his mission to stop The Almatronian Army and bring peace to the planet.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!