All Because Of A Cup Of Tea

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Michael lay on the dew covered grass and stared up at the blue sky. Fluffy white clouds danced across it and the blazing sun moved with them.
“Would you like some tea?”
The silence was interrupted by his sister, Amy. She had just come outside with her favourite doll, Annabelle, to have a tea party on the lawn.
Michael looked up to see Amy offering him a plastic cup. “No thanks.” He replied and yawned.
Amy turned to Annabelle. “Would you like a cup of tea?”
Annabelle was an expensive doll with glossy brown hair, a pink striped dress and two black button eyes.
“Yes, I would. Thank you.”
Amy rubbed her eyes. Was she dreaming?
She was about to ask Michael but he was asleep. “You…you can talk?” she stuttered.
“Yes, of course I can,” Annabelle tutted, tapping her foot on the ground. She sounded annoyed. “Where’s…my…tea!!!”
Amy dropped the cup to the ground in fright and ran. Annabelle peered into the empty teacup. “Hey, you tricked me!” she shrieked and hurried after Amy.
“Help!” gasped Amy.
At that moment Amy did a whole loop around the garden. Thump! She ran over Michael. That woke him up. He was about to get up when Annabelle ran over him and pushed him back down again. After Annabelle passed by twice, Michael was sure this was not a dream.
He ran into the house screaming. “Mum! Mum!” he cried. “Annabelle’s outside. She’s chasing Amy and…”He was cut off by his mother, Mrs Dodd. “Oh, don’t be ridiculous!” She scoffed. “You know dolls are just..,” She saw her son’s petrified look. “Okay, then let me see your ‘walking doll’, ” she replied and Michael gratefully led his mother out the door. As soon as she stepped outside, Annabelle paused. Mrs Dodd glared at her son angrily. She furrowed her brow and then stomped into the house. “Don’t bother me again.” Suddenly Annabelle sprang to life. She turned to Amy. “You’ll pay for what you have done!” she shrieked. At that moment her bedroom window opened and Amy’s collection of dolls hopped out. They jumped on Amy and she started crying.
Michael fired up his water pistols. He was planning an assault on Annabelle. After everything was ready, he tiptoed into the garden and aimed his water pistol at Annabelle. Swiftly, he pulled the trigger. Water sprayed into Annabelle’s eye. “Who did that?” she screamed and felt her way blindly to the culprit. Michael knew that this was his chance. He grabbed Annabelle by her neck and asked the mini dolls if they loved Annabelle. “Well if you love her a lot, then hop in the chest.” Michael said. “Or Annabelle will be tortured!” The dolls hopped into the chest. Soon all the mini dolls and Annabelle were in a locked chest in the attic. Every so often, Amy would wail, “I want my dolls back!” “Sorry sis.” Michael would shrug. “Remember how they clobbered you?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!