The Sea Is Blue

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Mum called me for breakfast, but I was still in my room. I was feeling a little blue. I had been feeling sad for a while now. I don’t know why? I snuck out of my window to take a walk along the beach. Luckily we live across from the sea. No one was there that morning, then out of the corner of my eye I see this beautiful blue whale doing the coolest belly flop. Wow, I thought that was awesome. Was he trying to get my attention? I started to feel a little better. Then the whale began to get closer to me. He came all the way up to me. He looked sad too. Could he have been feeling blue too?
I started talking to him. I felt he understood every word I was saying. I then realised I could understand his singing. It was his way of talking to me. We had a bond. Every day I would go to the beach to visit him so we could chat. I don’t know how it happened but for some reason I started calling him Blue. Mainly because of his shiny blue skin. He was my blue in the sea.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!