The Invasion

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Many years ago, when I was just a small boy, we found a mysterious object washed up on to the beach. It was a sort of ruby-red colour and looked like a finger only much, much larger. Finally, after chatting a lot we dragged the item up to the village where we lived. Half way up dragging the object there were big scary giants walking to us. They were massive and had big hands and their eyes were shining, they had moss all over there giant stone body. There was one with their finger missing straight away my friends ran for their life not like me I stayed for the fight. Suddenly I saw a gold sword in the object, I grabbed it and ran over to the village they turned around and followed me. I figured out what they were looking for the sword… I was frightened at that moment until my friend came running at the giants with a ton of C4 in his hand he started throwing the C4 at the beasts. They all exploded. I ran into my house and told my mum the story. I realised I still had the sword then I heard a massive thump I ran outside to see what it was. It was the giants they had come back in a deep voice one of the giants said ''all we ask for is the sword''. My friend came out with C4 I shouted no! Then I gave the giant the sword he shoved it in his chest and said my memories. Then some air ships came out of nowhere they were dropping bombs at the village. Everybody was screaming, crying and shouting for help. The air force came and shot down the one with the sword in him or her. The corpse blew up same with all the other things that was threating us. I looked behind me the village was destroyed and everybody had died. It was life to live on this island alone. ''30 years later''. I saw a helicopter coming down to me, there was a man, he shouted hop in and I went in the vehicle. I fell asleep on the way and woke up seeing a city, it was my new home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!