Can You Be My Friend?

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

A few weeks ago, a little, cute fox was in a forest. Fox wasn't happy at all because he simply did not have any friends, plus everyone teases Fox. On the other side of the forest, there was a little, pretty rabbit. Rabbit also was extremely sad for the same thing and yes he got teased. The forest was huge so Fox thought that at least one fox in the whole forest would like to be his friend. With the pointy ears and wonderful body, he looked fabulous. When all the other foxes just wanted to look like him, but they were too jealous to be his friend. Rabbit was a little bit different to other rabbits, his problem was he broke his leg, so when it got fixed, he couldn't jump like other rabbits The only reason they did not want to be his friend was because of that. Well anyway, Fox decided to take a look around the huge forest and saw Rabbit. He said to himself, 'That poor rabbit with his leg, I will go and help him out.’ Fox quickly ran over to help but, Rabbit thought that Fox WAS TRYING EAT HIM, so Rabbit ran as fast as his little legs could run. Fox yelled, 'I was trying to help you, I have no friends!' Rabbit stopped and looked behind himself and saw Fox who looked down. Rabbit thought, ‘Is this true?’ and he decided to come back. Rabbit asked, 'Can you be my friend? I don't have any.' Fox answered, 'Of course, that is what I wanted to tell you.’ Now everyday Rabbit and Fox came to play together and only yesterday me, yes me, came down from the sky feeling upset that I had no friends. I asked, 'Can you be my friend, I haven't got any?' They replied, ‘A kookaburra as a friend, of course.'

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!