Evil's Unleashed

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Evil's Unleashed
A little girl called Nala sat at her window in an apartment in Russia. This little girl was no ordinary girl. She, and her best friend Tiana, had a secret. They had many gifts from the Goddesses, including Aphrodite, Eos, Athena, Hera and her husband Zeus. They each gave the girls a power. Eos gave them the power of light. Aphrodite gave them the power of love and desire (meaning they could give anyone a good gift). Athena gave them the power of wisdom. Hera gave them the power of seasons and weather, including the power of wind and rain. Her husband Zeus gave the little girls the power of contacting Mount Olympus whenever someone was available. He also gave them the power to be leaders.

The next morning, Nala was walking to school when she saw the most horrible thing. The school bullies were torturing a poor baby bird. She was scared, but there was a strange thing about that bird. It was an owl and it was beautiful grey owl. When Nala had had enough of watching the poor owl be terrorised, she walked up to the bullies.
“Excuse me,” she said in a firm but not too strong voice. “Please stop torturing that owl.” Nala was not used to being firm, but she had to.
“Get out of our business, sticky beak,” shouted one of the bullies. His name was Zac. Without knowing it, Nala’s fist un-rolled and she blasted out a furious rage of her wind power without Zac seeing. The bird flew off. Then without hesitating she closed her fist.
“What was that?” stammered Zac as he stumbled to his feet. Nala ran off and for the rest of the day she avoided Zac and the bullies. She told the only person she could trust, her friend Tiana.
That night, after the Zac incident, the girls had a sleepover. Tiana came to Nala’s house. Nala was thinking of how strange their powers were and that they should train so they could control their powers.

As dawn rose, Nala was busy practising her power force, but suddenly, her powers went out of control. One minute a storm, another a tornado, then they combined a storm with an electrical tornado. It could destroy the whole country.
The Goddesses were the first ones to hear the chaos. Hera, the Queen, gathered the ones who gave Nala and Tiana their powers. They flew down to Russia and they fought the storm all at the same time. The Goddess and Zeus each shot out their one special power. Nala and Tiana were forced to stay in the shadows. When it got too bad, the girls stepped into the fight and helped get rid of the storm.

Once they stopped it, Nala and Tiana thanked each of them. Then the Goddesses and God went back to Mount Olympus. However, there was one thing they did not know... evil had been unleashed on Russia.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!