Gail Goes Missing

“Hurry!” Aqueel yelled jumping up and down, “We need to find the second time loop!”
“I wonder what it’s gonna be this time?” Gail said with excitement. “Wait can you tell me what a time loop is again?” questioned Gail.
“OK,” replied Aqueel, all puffed out, “A time loop is like a portal, but it leads you to different games and challenges. But trust me they are really challenging.”
“Alright let’s AAARRRHHH!” screamed Gail.
“What’s wrong? Gail. Gail! Oh no! She’s in the time loop,” said Aqueel.
Hi there. Sorry I haven’t fully introduced myself. I’m Aqueel Jones and Gail Williams is in the time loop right now! Anyway, Gail and I like hanging out in our cubby house together. Best of all we like exploring new places and trying new things. Gail and I have been friends since kindy so we have a lot in common. Anyway, let’s get back to finding Gail.
“Now I have to get her back,” Aqueel thought confidently. Wooooosh! “OK I’m in the time loop,” she concluded. She started running towards the next time loop. There were 10 seconds left and all she could see were these weird little animals. Aqueel couldn’t explain them. She could feel sweat flowing down her face like a mountain stream. Until…the 10 seconds ran out.
All of a sudden, Aqueel was in a dark room. No lights, no candles, nothing. It was dead silent. “Hello? Is anyone there?” Aqueel said while her hands and legs were shaking.
“Well, well, well. Look who we have here,” a voice said coming out of nowhere. Aqueel couldn’t see anything. So she didn’t know who it was. Then these bright lights shone into her eyes.
“Who’s that?” I yelled.
“It’s me, Knight Alectra. Don’t you remember?” replied the voice.
“Oh I remember. I also remember that in grade 2 you pushed me over, hurting me,” stated Aqueel.
“OK that was me,” sassed Alectra, “But I don’t regret it, so yeah I don’t really care. But anyway look who I’ve got.”
“Aqueel. It’s me Gail. Knight Alectra pulled me in her,” said Gail freaking out.
“Let’s make a deal,” Aqueel suggested.
“What kind of deal?” questioned Alectra willing to find out.
“I will give you my special necklace that I’ve had since I was a baby,” mumbled Aqueel not wanting to do it.
“I accept the deal but on one condition,” demanded Alectra.
“OK anything you want!” yelled Aqueel nervously.
“Can I keep it?” Knight Alectra asked all worried.
“Of course you can keep it. As long as I can have Gail back,” said Aqueel.
“FINE! Now give me the necklace, then I’ll give Gail back!” yelled Alectra with a massive grin on her face.
“OK here it is,” said Aqueel handing the necklace over, “Now give me Gail.”
“Did you really think I was going to do that?” sassed Alectra as she wrapped up Gail and ran off into the distance.
“NNNNOOOOOOOO!” screamed Aqueel dropping to her knees, “I will get you!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!