Thunder And Lightning

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

As I approached my Dads car, I felt excited. I was going to the lake to feed the ducks with my Dad. I have already packed a big bag of fresh homemade bread.
When we arrived, there were no ducks. "That’s strange where are the ducks? Questioned Dad.
"I don't know. Answered Dad.
Suddenly, a loud BOOM!!! Exploded with shock. Then a FLASH followed.
“Oh no! It is a storm!!!" Cried Dad.
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! The thunder sounded. Then lightning struck, causing a tree to fall down.
"We have to get back home!!" Shouted Dad.
Dad started the engine. VRUUUMMM!!! He drove in high speed. In the middle, a shock of lightning was about to hit the car!
"EVACUATE!!!" I shouted at Dad. We opened our doors and jumped out.
I was happy to not die. But Dad was staring at his new BMW. It was on fire.
I said "Quick! Let’s get out of here before it explodes!"
BOOM!!! "The car has exploded!!!" I told Dad. This was his ninth car that has exploded. A wheel rolled towards him. Then he caught it and walked back home.
The thunder and lightning was getting stronger and stronger. Rain was pitter pattering so much, that it looked like it was about to flood!!!
I was worried that our house was going to be wrecked by the booming thunder, the zapping lightning and the heavy rain.
When we got home, there were icicles on the tip of our noses and we were chitter chattering a lot.
"III aaammm cccooolllddd." I told Dad.
Dad said "III aaammm cccooolllddd aaasss wwweeelll."
When we finally got home, I could not take my last steps. Then, I fainted. After one hour or so, I woke up. Dad was about to give me some warm water.
"Thank you dad." I said.
Last night we could not have dinner because our stove was electric and there was a power cut. We could not have McDonalds because the nearest one was more than two miles away and we were all too tired and cold to get there since we don't have a car.
Today was a nice sunny day. I wanted to go to the lake again.
"Can we please please please go to the lake?" I asked dad.
"Ok ok" Dad said. I can tell he was a bit worried.
"It is ok Dad it is very sunny today!" I told him.
"Ok ok." Dad said.
"YAY" I shouted, dragging dad out of the door.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!