The Treasure Chest

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

One day a little boy called Jimmy was told to clean the attic with his older sister. When they were cleaning the attic they found two pieces of a map. After they finished cleaning they tried to sticky tape it with clear sticky tape, it worked. They got a shovel and they went out to find the treasure.
They decided to get two friends that they both liked. They knocked on two houses each but no one answered. They had to go by themselves but they didn't mind. They got to where they had to dig but it was a lot harder than they thought. They eventually did it. When they got the bottom there was nothing. They realized that the map was upside down, they turned it round so it was the right way and went to the new location. When they got there and started to dig, it was not there again. They then realised it was in America.
They begged and begged but there parents kept on saying "when we get enough money" which sucked.
Years past Jimmy was now ten and his older sister was now seventeen. Their parents told them they had good news, "we're going to America!”, they said, “we are going tomorrow!”.
They were so excited to go to America and find the treasure. The next day they woke up at six thirty in the morning, ate breakfast, brushed their teeth ,got changed, and got in the car and drove to the airport. They got on the plane put their bags in the shelf above their head, and the plane started to move. When they were in the plane Jimmy and his older sister sat with each other whilst their parents sat behind them. There were screens on the back of the seats that had movies and games. Everyone was asleep except for the pilots and Jimmy. He stayed up all night watching movies. When they arrived at America they had to find a hotel to stay in. A couple of hours later they found one and immediately Jimmy and his older sister asked if they could go out and explore.
Their mum said "okay take your phones with you."
So they took their phones with them and the map and went to find the treasure. They were looking on their map which was a fully printed picture of the city they were in and it had a little ‘x’ on the map to tell you it was there. A few hours later they finally decided that they were at the right spot. They put a pile of sticks above the treasure to mark where it was, and went home because they didn't have a shovel.
The next day they woke up at eight thirty, got ready, got a shovel and went to the spot, dug and dug and hit something hard, it was treasure and they got rich!
THE END.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!