Blood Cells

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

"It seems you might have a virus in you but no need for antibiotics." The doctor said curtly.
"Of course, but shouldn't we do it now?" Mum reasoned.
"No not until it’s confirmed." The doctor replied. Meanwhile…
"ALERT! all defence actioned!" the speaker shouted.
"Sir no sign of the virus." Barrack reported firmly.
"Only lower the defences!" the chief boomed.
'Yes Sir, everything was coming back on and I'm Bill and I have two friends, Olive ad Xavier, we're cells in the body. Beep!!! "EVERYONE EVACUATE the valley!!!" The virus has arrived. BOOOOOOM!!!
The bomb that destroyed the valley left nothing except a deafening silence and a miserable wreckage.
Only my friend and I survived the explosion.
"Search for signs of life then kill it!" ordered a harsh voice. Cranium City, I can call the army for reinforcements.
'Puff!" I've never trained for race but I thought I could last but no. My legs were agonising with pain.
"Maybe this is a dream." Olive suggested.
"Oh look we're at Blood Temple City."
BOOM!!!
"They found us." I yelled.
"Get in the vessel!" Olive shouted while jumping to the Ovaltine shape.
"Halt!!!"
"Turn around!!" rasped a cunning voice. ZOOM!
"Eughhh!"
"A knockout bullet." Olive admired.
It was four hours until a vessel approached and Olive and Xavier were still chatting and hadn't noticed.
VIRUS!! I yelled as the predatory vessel shot a blast at our vessel. BOOM!!!
"Direct hit." Scar reported.
"Excellent, go check the remains." Ordered the leader of the viruses.
"Yes!" the soldiers replied.
When that purple blast sot our way, I charged towards the wheel and slammed into it narrowly missing the cannon.
"I sent a distress signal to the Brain!"
"We're saved!"
PiwPiw!!!
"Ship survived, let's see if those troublesome cells survived too.”
"Looks like its hiding now." Xavier whispered, peeking out of the window.
"Everyone in the engine room." Olive said.
Creeeaak… As the hatched slid open it stepped in.
The leader of the viruses radiating and aura of fear and discord. "I sense cells." The virus inside.
The virus looks like the body inside out.
"Inject, inject, inject!!!, everyone stay in!"
"The medicine is being injected." The speaker warned.
SMASH as the hatch rammed opened and bolts of light fired and shot at the virus. As Olive, Xavier and I leave at the virus's untimely demise. As we left, the medicine soldiers kept firing.
With the music roaring a celebration party couldn't get better. All was well, NT friends and I were heroes and no more viruses.
"You're all clear." The doctor said.
"Thanks." Melanie replied with smile.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!