Make The Change

I was just a school girl, as quiet as could be; why would anyone want to do anything to me?
I got pushed and hit, laughed at and teased; those bullies would do whatever they pleased.

Day after day ‘You’re useless!’ they’d yell; they’d tell all my friends to tease me as well.
Crying all night and bullied all day; those nasty bullies would never go away.

I had to put a stop to this but I didn’t know how; all I knew was that a change was needed now.
So I spoke to my older sister and she listened to all I said; and told me to speak to a teacher instead.

The next day at school I was too worried to tell; but it just led me down another road to hell.
So the following day I tried to be strong and bold; and I walked to find my teacher and told.

She spoke to the bullies, and their parents too; the teachers knew exactly what to do.
The girls were sent home and were in deep grief; I just stood there staring in relief.

The girls apologised and stopped their action right away; now I look forward to going to school each day.
I’m so glad it’s sorted out and I don’t feel any shame; if I didn’t tell, my life would have still been the same.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!