Bunnies Are Heroes

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

BOOM! CRASH! The asparagus robot was getting closer!
“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” screamed Charlotte the bunny, as a barbeque sauce robot ran into the street. Charlotte hopped to the fridge. Noise made her hungry, and she was a smart bunny, so she could open doors. She grabbed a carrot and hopped away. Little did she know, it was a special carrot and could give her super powers.
Once she ate the carrot, she felt strong. She tried to hop to her bed, but she ended up flying. Then, she noticed some newspaper. It said that the reason no one had tried to defeat Asparagus Girl and Barbeque Sauce Boy was because everyone was too scared, including Super Ava and Super Kala. Charlotte knew that even though she was scared, she should at least try to save the town. She knew that if she saved the town she would be a hero.
She nervously flew to the door and went outside. When she got outside, the noise was deafening.
The largest robot walked over to Charlotte and said “Come to fight? You’ll never defeat me, pipsqueak”. Charlotte realised she would probably need some help, so she went to the park to think. It was her favourite thinking place. She thought for a long time, then thought of getting a unicorn. She knew where the unicorns lived, for she had once been there to do some thinking. She raced off to the unicorns’ home.
She went to the first unicorn she saw. She was very lucky, because it was her friend, called Steve. “Hello Steve. I was wondering if I could take you to a really fun place where you are a hero?” asked Charlotte.
“I’m sorry, but I can’t. I don’t want to go near the robots” said Steve.
“Please Steve!” Charlotte begged.
“Oh fine” said Steve.
They rushed to the closest robots. Charlotte said “I won’t take you to the really fun place if you don’t help me defeat the robots.” She helped Steve fly to the first robot’s head and started banging on his forehead. The banging caused loads of other robots (and even some humans, as well!) to watch them.
Charlotte screamed “GET OUT OF THIS TOWN OR I’LL THROW YOU ALL TO A SUPER FARAWAY PLACE WHERE YOU WON’T GET ANY HUMANS AND IF YOU FIND A WAY OUT I’LL FLY YOU TO MARS!”
The robots were filled with anxiety. They rushed to their cave. But Charlotte had forgotten something. ‘If you scare away robots, you fight their masters.’
Asparagus Girl and Barbeque Sauce Boy rushed to the scene. The used their eye lasers to get Charlotte and Steve. They dodged.
The towns’ people were amazed! They never knew how amazing animals could be.
Charlotte got Steve to go back down to the ground. He did. Charlotte flung the villains to a faraway place. Suddenly, Queen Ella, Queen Rosie, Super Ava, and Super Kala gave them wings.
And that was only the start.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!