Poor To Rich Village

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

One day, a boy named Jack lived in a poor village during a war. Every morning, he took a walk around his village to look for money and all sorts of other things. He noticed a five cent coin. This was nothing for other people, but for him it was a good amount of money. On the way home to tell his parents what he had found, he stopped to get some food from Mr Scraps’ garden.
He took carrots and some wheat to make bread. He ate grated carrots with bread for breakfast every morning. He also found a beetroot, lettuce and tomato to make salad for lunch and dinner.
Jack suddenly noticed a scrap yard behind the fence. Jack had an idea! He was going to use the scrap to make a machine that shot out five cents pieces. He found metal from the scrap yard and made his machine. A few weeks later, he had made 6,500 cents! Jack decided to make other machines that could also shoot out weapons to help fight the war against the Squirrels, the enemy team.
Jack made twenty tank machines, which sat in front of the battle line, the army at the back. People were shooting on top of buildings. This was a big disadvantage for The Squirrels. Jack sat in his knife shooting tank machine. The battle was starting in three seconds and the machines shot knives out fast. Nuts, coins and knives were everywhere.
In the corner of his eye, Jack could see Mr Scraps picking his ripe vegetables. “Did he know the war was on?” wondered Jack. He ran to warn Mr Scraps about the war, but Mr Scraps said he was picking his hardest vegetables to throw at the other team! Mr Scraps joined Jack and sat with him in his machine and they shot out the vegetables! This was looking like a good battle! Two hundred people were wounded with another eighty eight more to go! Jack and Mr Scraps battled with two gunmen, Gunner One and Gunner Two. They used their mega golden enchanted bullets, which broke Jack’s machine. This was not the end!
Jack decided to jump into the Squirrel’s machine and throw his knife into their engine. The machine engine exploded. They then fought the Squirrel team with their bare hands. Everyone, including Jack’s family was watching them fight. Jack then asked Mr Scraps if he had any vegetables left. “Yes, one more, I saved the best one till last,” he said and threw it and knocked Gunner Two out. Jack then punched Gunner One, right in the nose. Gunner One then hit Jack in the eye, which really hurt. But Jack was quick and got his revenge by kicking Gunner One. He then fell down and landed right on his head. BOOM!!!
Jack and Mr Scraps had won the war. For the first time, the village was free and soon became wealthy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!