A Day To Remember.

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

A fresh smell came into the air. It was a new, blooming day. Alice, the super running machine, walked gracefully along the cooling sand. The waves were rolling in by the hundred. Most of the seagulls were screeching their lungs out. The crabs were scuttering around all over the beach.
Eventually, Alice got home. Suddenly there was a big bang. Her mum screamed.
Again there was an even louder bang. This time her mum grabbed Alice around the waist and raced out of the house. She found herself surrounded by huge branches.
Without any warning, a huge gust of wind blew a tree down. Immediately the police pulled up and shouted, ‘’ Ladies!! Get into the police car. There is a hurricane. It is near Bateman’s Bay. Hurry, hurry’’!
The policeman dropped them at the police station. When they went in there was a huge crowd of people.
It took five days and five nights for the hurricane to end but Alice survived. The police came into the room and shouted, “All of you can go now. I am so sorry that this hurricane has probably destroyed all of our homes.”
Suddenly, through the window, Alice saw a little baby out in the open. Even though the hurricane had ended it was still raining.
Alice sprinted outside and picked the baby up and sprinted back inside. Everyone cheered for Alice.
That night she remembered everything that had happened over the last few days and she fell fast asleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!