The Lost Key

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

“RINNNNNG!” As the bell went Mathew and Tom went straight to their classes. “Ahhhhhhhh!” relaxed Mathew. “Got any last words Matt?” said Tom. “Sure, I like to make friends who are always happy so let’s do our work!”
This is Mathew Jordan and Tom Mike. Tom and Mathew are best friends. One day they went to a secret room and they found a secret cupboard. They tried to open but it was locked.
“We need to find the key” said Mathew, putting his hands on his hips. “Hmmmmmm….” said Tom. So they looked around. They checked in drawers and under papers.
“Found it?” asked Mathew. “Not yet” Tom called out. “Then where is it?” they said angrily. “Hey--- what’s this?” worried Tom, picking up a paper on the floor. It said:
1. Go to Mathew’s locker and open the door
2. Check under papers and worksheets.
3. There you will find the key.
“It says here that we have to go to your locker and the key is there” said Tom. “Oh” said Mathew. So they walked out of the room and started to go to the stairs. “You know, I have a strange feeling that a key is not like treasure. They are just things that open things. You can’t make keys treasure. The same thing with coins. Except if it’s a clue. So that means that we have a clue, we have to find the clue” explained Tom.
“Yes, that’s correct Tom. We have to use keys to open things, not treasure! Except if it’s a clue!” said Mathew. “Ok now were here!” said Tom bravely. “Let’s do this!” They ran fast and up and down the stairs. The speed of them made them into a cheetah (wild cat). When they reached there, they checked for a sign saying: “Its here!” Soon they checked on all lockers. “I found it!” said Tom. “Where?” said Mathew. So they checked on all shelfs. “I found it!” said Tom. So, they ran downstairs quickly and walked to room. “As you know, see how I told you that we don’t use keys as treasure only if it’s a clue? Well we finished our clue, so we don’t need any more clues because we finished our clue!” Tom said. “We might have more clues next time” said Mathew. “Oh yes” said Tom. So, they tried to open, and it opened. Nothing.
“ I don’t believe this!” cried Tom.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!