Rise Of The Soul Suckers

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

It was a cold, damp night and in a place no human being would dare go, a 12 year old boy was lost. He didn’t know how or when he had got there but he knew he didn’t like it. It was raining heavily and the boy was freezing cold. He crept around the dreaded place in fear but suddenly he stopped in his tracks. He had come across a large creepy mansion. It had a tall black gate, an old wooden door and all the windows were boarded up with large planks of wood.

The gate was half open so he went in and knocked on the front door, but nobody answered. He spotted something poking out of the doormat, so he picked it up and it turned out to be a key. He put it into the keyhole, turned, pushed and the door creaked open. Nobody seemed to be there, it was pitch black.

“Hello” he said quietly, his voice echoing through the house but nobody came. Suddenly out of the shadows came a cold grey hand that rested on his shoulder. He froze, he wanted to scream but no noise came out of his mouth, he wanted to run away but it felt like his feet were stuck to the ground. All of a sudden an ear piercing scream surrounded him and it felt like all life was being sucked out of him. The Rise of the Soul Suckers has arrived.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!