Snatched

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

On a cool Autumn day, I, Matt was wandering the halls of Broadway High School when I saw my best friend Kevin. I was a rule breaker and I was cheeky. My best friend was nowhere near a prankster as me. In fact, he was as vulnerable as a snapped twig.
When seeing Kevin in the halls, I told him of my most marvellous plan yet. "What if I put a big bucket of slime on top of Mr Spleen's classroom door that when he opens the door, he will get covered in slime?" I shouted with a bit too much enthusiasm. Mr Spleen was my English teacher and I loathed him.
"You know what Mr Tushie told you. No more pranks!" Kevin replied half expecting me to shout at him.
"Who cares what Mr Bottom says! Give me a plan of how I can make it work at lunch." I snapped at Kevin.
"Oh... Okay," Kevin stammered.
The next day my prank took place. Unfortunately, Mr Spleen assumed it was me and I got sent to the principal's office.
"I told you no more pranks! This has gone way too far! I have no choice but to expel you. Sorry." I was dumbfounded.
I unpacked my locker and walked home. My house was beginning to become dilapidated. I walked up the pathway and I saw my dad holding something glittering in the light. I hid behind a bush and was taken aback to see my dad finding a hiding place for jewels. I waited for an hour for my Dad, Steve to leave the house. I had always thought dad was suspicious. He was stoic.
Apparently, he didn't even show emotion when I was born. At least that was what mum told me. I just ignored my dad's suspicious nature until now. I quickly ran inside the house looking for any hidden goods. I decided to assume - that that was why my house was dilapidated. From Dad knocking the walls to hide goods. I looked around. I found $1,000 and $2,000 worth of gems. When dad came back home, I ran over to him questioning myself if that was the right thing to do.
"I know your secret. Can I help you?" I asked dad. "I guess so," replied dad.
I was 2 months into knowing dad's secret and I had a tough decision to make. Was I going to help dad or tell the police. One day, while finding a place to hide diamonds, the door was getting opened. "Hide!" dad shouted at me. I did. Mum came in. I was horrified. Dad was stuffing his pockets when mum came in. My mum was kind, caring and stressed. Her name was Charlotte. Dad threatened her. I quickly rang the police. I showed them the evidence and dad got sent to jail. We got $1,000 cash and I got offered a scholarship in Hillview High. Mum accepted the offer. I felt like I got snatched away.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!