How The Snowflake Came To Be

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

One frigid, but tranquil afternoon, an altruistic demi god named Antonio was having a pleasant rest on the moon. He gazed down on earth, where his mother had been born and wondered what astonishing things were there. Not long after, his curiosity took over his mind and he flew down to earth and found a tiny village with busy people. He saw little children, camping near the fire. As Antonio looked around, he felt that this cold world was missing something!
Unafraid, Antonio went to ask if any humans had an idea if something was missing.
"Excuse me kind sir, have you any idea of what could be missing?" Antonio asked politely, but the grumpy man snapped at him "If you think this world is missing something, that his world isn't perfect, then why don't you BUZZ OFF!" Antonio tried and tried but no matter how politely he asked, they all got thought he didn't think their world was perfect! Antonio was upset. He was only trying to help! Every time he gloomy passed houses, mothers would hide their children from him and slam their doors! Antonio pleaded, but no one seemed to like him!
Poor Antonio felt like crying! Nobody liked him! So, with a burst, Antonio dashed as fast as lightning, back to the moon. "If no one wants me to help them, then so be it!" Antonio cried.
Antonio, out raged by what the villagers thought, yelled so hard "I JUST WANT TO HELP!"
"AHHHHH!!!" Suddenly, the galaxy started shaking! "W-what's going on?" Cried Antonio. His eyes darted around, he saw that is yell had cause the stars to fall! Worse, THEY WERE LL HEADING DOWN TO EARTH! Antonio, devastated at what he had done, raced back to earth. However, he wasn't fast enough.
"WHAT HAVE I DONE!"
Antonio flew as fast as he could, but the stars had already reached earth’s atmosphere! However, to Antonio's surprise, the stars started to shrink and fall slower! The shrunk until they were the size of a ladybug, and the weight of a feather! They fell so gracefully down to earth!
"OH NO, THEYRE GOING TO BE FURIOUS!" Worried Antonio, but to his surprise, the villager's souls where full of wonder and amazement! They all looked at Antonio and thanked him.
"Thank you Antonio! This amazement is what we've been missing!"
Antonio was filled with relief! "This is all I've ever wanted! To help you and you to appreciate me!"
The villagers shared the face of guilt
"We're sorry!" They all said in unison. They celebrated this amazing miracle! The villagers gathered around Antonio, as he named his incredible creation, he called it... Snowflake.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!