The Noise In The Mountains

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

On a day that you would never forget a girl named Elizabeth got her backpack and packed it. Then everyone was ready, they left to go climb the mountains.
When they got out they grabbed their bags and then they locked the car. They arrived at the middle of the walk and saw a tunnel. Walking a little more they saw three unicorns standing in front of three portals there was gold, wood and silver. They chose gold. The gold unicorn took them to a place called Sleep Like A Log.
The next day they went to the beach and when they got in the water they saw a dolphin. The dolphin was aqua, and it had a name tag that said ‘Zulix’ and looked like it was trying to tell them something. So, they followed it. When they dived down and found out they could breathe as well as they had a mermaid tail. Elizabeth's tail was shiny with black, white, and purple and blue.
When the dolphin stopped it made a magical bubble and said "Hi my name is Zulix let me tell you something, follow the bubble till it pops, then I will be at the end to take you to the castle...! Probably shouldn't tell you because it is really scary stuff and it does involve...sigh...big sharp points on a shark's back with lots of jellyfish to protect it and loads more...sigh... That is it for me so remember follow the bubble and at the end I will be there, good bye."
So, they started following the bubble, but it seemed strange it was going everywhere but after a little while it started going straight. When it popped they saw their friend Zulix.
Then Zulix introduced them to one of the helpers Frosty. They were talking all the way there till they went into the castle. When they went in they saw the Queen of unicorn mermaids. The next day they went to a place called the Drop Slide. It had a slide coming out of the water for 1300 metres and half way down it has a big hole and you don't know if you go down it or you go around it and have to go through the Kraken!!!
They paid the money to go on the ride and started getting scared. Getting up to the top they got a ticket that either said ‘Kraken’ or ‘Big Drop’. Their cards said dun, dun, dun... The ‘Kraken’!!! They knew they had to try to sneak past without him seeing them. They had to find the necklaces somehow and they got their tridents ready.
When everyone saw the necklaces, they got ready to get it, but it was behind the Kraken. When they found a way to get the necklaces they started to get it. They touched the gold which dragged the other ones closer. When they left they all had a necklace each. They got to the Queen and showed her that they won the necklaces. The Queen told them that it was a key, and that they could now enter both worlds land and sea.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!