Shadows

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

All the shadows were closing in then "AHHHH,"
I screamed rolling out of bed I would've thought that was real. I stood up and grabbed my little brother Victor “ahhh," he said as he laughed.
"Oh shush," I replied.
I gave him to mum and got changed. I turned around and a small box laid in front of me I ripped of the newspaper and opened it up what is this? I ask myself in my head so no one will hear me. In front of me laid a book that read be careful of the shadows and never wish to be one you will really regret it.
"Shadows what are the shadows," I ask myself hopelessly.
I grab my bag and head out the door reading my book little brother in my other hand. I let him play in the park when an old lady came up to me and asked "come with me lovely I need to show u something."
I went to get up but she pulled me back and dragged me by the arm.
"Seem a bit shocked are you lovely" the women's voice sounded as sweet as honey but she didn't play the part. She threw me into her tiny little cottage with a roof covered in moss and a garden covered in gnomes. Suddenly a dark figure ran across the room.
"Settle shadow settle," the old woman’s voice said observing the creature.
Its blank face had to be watching me. I took a deep breath and asked "who are you?"
The old woman just kept stirring her bowl ignoring the question I asked. "What's in that?"
I asked hoping she would actually reply and to my surprise she did. "Oh just the normal stuff...which is three goblin eyes, 6 gnome brains, one squirrel tongue, frog burp and dragon spit."
"I wish I was a shadow "I mumbled.
But before I could ask what for she shoved some in my mouth and I couldn't wake up. I finally opened my eyes when I was in my room with my little brother. I stood up and looked in the mirror to see I was a shadow.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!