Emelia's Story

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Far, far away in a place called Violetveil, where the most magnificent violet's grow is a hill with a castle on it, it is a very beautiful one too, but many strange things happen there, and I am going to tell you one of those many strange things that happened in early August 1998.
The princess is a very beautiful girl. It is her sixteenth birthday, so they are going to have a very big party in a week, so everyone was rushing around sorting things out, they sent out invitations to lots of people as well as to the prince of Summerstar named Mark, he was eighteen and lived with the king, his grandpa.
Princess Lilly now sat on a throne next to her grandma, Queen Clarice, for it was now her sixteenth birthday after waiting for a long while.
There was lots of dancing, music and laughter as the arty carried on and after dancing with all the young men, she went to get a drink, now there as only one person there and that was Prince Mark and he said," I have a birthday present especially for you!!!"
They walked into a dark room and he said to close her eyes and just when she did he grabbed her and put her in a sack and went into an underground passage!!!
When she woke up she saw Mark and said, "What did you do?"
And he said "Well I will tell you the whole story. You see grandpa and I want to rule the whole country side here and so what we were going to do is poison your grandma and then when she dies the palace will go to the next male in the blood line and I am your cousin, so we would get it.
We would give you some money and then send you away overseas and buy you a little cottage, so there!" and then he laughed.
And Lilly said "you won't get away with this" but he just walked away laughing.
Lilly got up once she was sure he had left and went to the wall, she felt along until she found a loose brink then pushed and a passage opened.
She walked brushing the cobwebs out of her face holding the old wooden light making sure she did not trip.
When she reached the end, she brushed herself down as good as she could and walked through the passage straight toward her grandma and told her everything.
Mark and his grandpa got a sentence jail for a period and that is the end of this story.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!