My Life

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

On a very special day on September 15th, 2007 a little chubby baby was born. And that is ME!!!
Hi, my name is Vivian and I’m 10 years old, I have a little brother named Henry. When Henry was a baby I always used to look after him, on Henry's 1st birthday we had a transitional birthday, we had bowls of fruit to pray to Buddha with, after we put the bowls of delicious food on the table, Henry went around and took the fruit out of the bowl and ate it! On Henry's birthday there was transitional thing where you have a tray and on the tray there was 5 things Scissors, a pen, gold, a piece of fruit and money if the child picks up the scissors he/she will be a tailor, if they pick up the pen they will work in an office, if they pick up the gold they will sell gold, if they pick the piece of fruit they will like food and be very lazy, if they pick up money they will be very rich, when it was my brother's turn to choose he picked up the gold and threw it on the ground and then picked up the tray and put it in his mouth!!
My parents
My parents are Vietnamese and came here when they were young. When my dad was a child he lived in Quang Nang my dad grew up in a big family. 5 sisters and 5 brothers. My dad came to Australia on a boat, he left at 11 years old. After the war he arrived in Hong Kong when he was 14 and went into a refugee camp. Unlike my dad my mum had a small family she only had 1 brother, my mum lived in Ho Chi Minh, when my mum was a child she lived in a little village, she had to make her own toys out of clay and leaves, Vietnam is a very fun and joyful country, but one bad thing is that there are very little jobs and very little money that’s why my mum chose to move to Australia because they have good education and good jobs and later in life she could go back to Vietnam and get a better job.
My family
My family is now a very loving and joyful family we are all happy and healthy I still believe in my Vietnamese tradition and also love Australia.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!