The Haunted Mansion

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

"It was a dark and stormy night when two of the bravest people in town walked through the squeaky gate of the so called Haunted Mansion on Smith Street. AS their first few toes touched the door mat, the front door creaked open... and they SCREAMED!! No one ever knew what they saw and why they screamed but since then no one has ever dared to go near the Haunted Mansion on Smith Street" Marcus claimed as he and his friends were sitting in a tent on Maddy's bedroom floor, each holding torches and intently listening to Marcus' story.
"Sooo..." Whispered Maddy.
"Why don't we go and check it out?" Interrupted Faith.
"NOOOO" shouted Maddy and Marcus together.
"But why not?" begged Faith.
"It will be fun won't it?" "It may just be a made up story," said Maddy.
Marcus argued back "It was NOT just a mad up story, It Is Real."
So, after a good half an hour of persuasive talking from Faith, Marcus and Maddy agreed that they should go and check it out. "But there is one tiny problem..." mentioned Marcus, "our parents."
After a long afternoon at Maddy's house they planned to go home and once their parents were asleep, to sneak out and run down to meet in the alleyway on Smith Street.
As planned the three friends met in the alleyway on Smith Street at 11:30pm. It was a cold and stormy night when the three friends started walking down the road and around the corner, when the Haunted Mansion came into view. Lightning struck, and the three friends shivered. They slowly walked through the squeaky and creaky gates on the front lawn of the mansion. As they walked up the front path more lightning struck and Maddy started questioning if this was the best idea.
"Of course, it is!" answered Faith.
As the story mentioned when the first few toes of the three friends touched the door mat, they screamed as the mansion came alive. The three friends very quickly ran down the street never to been seen again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!