The Tunnel

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Bright neon leaves falling from the tree twisting like a kaleidoscope. Silver train tracks rusting over the years. A neon light fills the tunnel. The trees grew as tall as a building. The never ending tunnel grows every time you take a step.
Last year I found a tunnel in the forest. While was out on a bush walk with my family we saw a light. My sister Lola followed the light to the tunnel.
Inside was a chest hidden behind a branch and as we got close something weird crawled out of it.
A small dog like animal came out of the mysterious, creepy, dusty white chest. The blue creature started to run, Lola looked back and yelled "Run!!”
I heard an engine, "It's a train!" said Lola in a panic. We started running to the light at the end of the tunnel, I tripped on a rock and jumped between two trees. The train was inches away from my head.
I gave a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness it didn't hit me(haaaaaa)".
The train disappeared into the neon light. The small blue animal jumped on Lola's head. The chest was fading away into the neon light. The blue animal said, "My name is Jefftis, the Lickga from Chronos of the Lickga Galaxy my time is up, by bye".
A blackhole appeared pulling him into the Lickga Galaxy taking the mystical tree with him. Then my other sister Mia jumped into the tunnel somehow, the blackhole reappeared and pulled Lola, Mia and I into Chronos the world of antimatter.
We found a rocket ship that teleported us back to the tunnel and just in time mum appeared in the tunnel of mystery. More than two hours passed before we found our way to the exit of the mystical, magical tunnel. Just as we were about to escape the tunnel a neon light tugged on Mia's foot and pulled her down a hole, so I kicked the neon light and pulled Mia to safety.
The entry to the tunnel collapsed seconds after we escaped, covering the ground in branches, metal tracks and ripped leaves. We ran home glad the tunnel was destroyed, hopefully never to be seen again.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!