The Yeti And Me

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Once an independent mountain climber named Bill came across a big ditch, so he decided to camp there for the night. When he woke up, he had a little ski and continued on his journey. Bill then found a cave, so he went in and found some glistening gems, the mountain climber also found two mine shafts. There was a little piece of paper saying, ‘Go down the shaft to find the treasure but beware do not wake the Yeti in his lair.’
Ok let's go into the right shaft. As he walked down the shaft, he came across a dead end. Then heard a stomping noise. "That must be the Yeti, I need to hide," whispered Bill. He curled up in the dark corner hoping he wouldn't see me. The Yeti walked straight past him shivering and scared, which he thought was kind of weird and he fell asleep on the ground.
Bill ran up the shaft and to the exit, but before he could, an avalanche started and blocked it up.
"Nooo! I'm going to be stuck here forever with the Yeti.”
The mountain climber was getting very tired, so he went to sleep at the entrance. Soon he woke up and decided to explore more of the shafts. "This time I’ll explore the left one." He was walking down it, but this one wasn't like the other, it went on forever. When he finally got to the end, he thought, 'Well this was a waste of time' and started walking back up. Until he saw something in the corner of the shaft. Bill walked up to it. It was a huge chest, so he opened it up. He was amazed to find the treasure. The chest was filled with bright, shiny gold coins and beautiful, glistening diamonds and gems. The Yeti marched up to him, he turned around and noticed him. Bill was so scared, but he was so big he blocked the only way out.
The Yeti picked him up and asked, "Why are you scared of me? And if you are, why haven't you left yet?"
"I can't, there's been an avalanche which has blocked the exit" he replied.
"Oh, that’s what happened, it does this every winter," said the Yeti as he put him down and walked to the exit.
Soon the Yeti moved all the rocks out of the way and Bill was able to leave. Before he did he said, "Wait you're forgetting something" and gave him the treasure. "You don't want this?" he said.
"No, I can't spend it on anything," replied the Yeti.
Bill said, "Thanks" and gave him the torch from his bag. "I think you might be scared of the dark so take this," he said as he handed it to him.
"Thanks, I am actually," he said.
They said "Goodbye" to each other and he continued on his journey through the snow.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!