Flooding Dreams

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

I'm taking a walk in the park, under the cherry blossom trees when suddenly, THE TREES ARE FALLING DOWN! I'm running as fast as I can while the trees fall one by one behind me! The ground is shaking! I fall down and I see the tree falling on top of me! I wake up in the hospital and I discover that the Doctors are bandaging me up. In the middle of the night, I escaped carefully out of the window. Then out of nowhere, a tree falls down close by. I take a look and there's something rumbling. I hear big knocks on the ground! I go closer to get a better view and A GIANT WAVE IS COMING MY WAY! So I just RUN FOR MY LIFE!
I get home and the window is smashed into smithereens! I gently walk inside and my family is shaking! There's a big wave, followed by a storm, coming through the backyard! We evacuate the house and shelter in a huge building. I see some major cuts and bruises on my body, so I find a leaf that blew in through the broken glass and use it to stop the blood. I go downstairs where it is safer. Suddenly, the room started to quickly fill up with water! I try to break out, but I'm trapped! So I smash the glass just as the water reached my neck! I jump out the window with my family! We run back home, miserably, thinking, "WHERE WILL WE LIVE NOW!” Then I open the rusty mailbox and there's a bill and a letter from the royals saying I've earned two wishes for such bravery!
I wished for wealth and health! Two weeks later. I had what I wished for!
I wake up and remember my dream! I was walking under the cherry blossom trees. So I go back to the park and it seems magical. I wonder...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!