The Everlasting Cave

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

"AHH!" screamed Susan. "What's that monster looking thing?!" "Am I missing something?" asked Abigail.
"What are you even talking about? I just saw a tiny little blue monster!” said Susan. "Oh, sorry Susan I was just hallucinating," said Abigail.
The two sisters didn't know about the legend of the Everlasting Cave. Many years ago, three men found the cave, explored it, found monsters and different jewels, but they never returned. "Ok. Well... there's a weird looking cave there. Do you think we should go over there to check it out and see if there are more weird creatures?" asked Abigail.
"Of course we should! I'm so curious as to what that thing was!" cried Susan.
The two sisters walked slowly and carefully closer and closer to the Everlasting Cave. They had no idea what trouble they were getting into.
"AHH! There's another monster!" screamed Susan.
"Come on, scaredy cat. It's cute," Abigail said as she petted the monster. "No, definitely not. It's going to kill you Abigail!" cried Susan.
"Don't be silly. See? It's smiling!" cried Abigail.
"That's an evil smile. Do you know your emotions?!" asked Susan.
The two girls had come across the nice monsters. But inside deep down in the Everlasting Cave, there was a much more dangerous, mean and vicious monster, a monster never seen by someone alive. But the only thing that would save them was the nice monsters­ the nice, furry and colourful monsters.
"Ok, Susan, we are going in that cave, but we have to get the gear and food for our journey. Alright, Susan, let's head to the cave," said Abigail.
The sisters headed to the cave and they went inside to have their first look of it.
Susan thinks that the cute monsters are evil. She has seen many evil things in her perspective. They were spiders, toads and many other creatures, but never once she said something cute and nice was evil. This was weird.
Three hours later, Abigail and Susan found loads more jewels and monsters.
"Um Susan, can you see that creepy big huge shadow?" whispered Abigail. "What is that?!" asked Susan. "We're going to die!" cried Susan.
The girls had come across the shadow of an Everlasting Dragon. The Everlasting Dragon was a dragon that lived in the Everlasting Cave and was very dangerous. It has special powers.
The worst power was the one that could turn things into stone. Now the little monsters needed to help out Susan and Abigail. "Susan, let's go check it out. I'm sure it's not that dangerous. It's probably just a nice creature like the others," said Abigail.
ROOOAAARRR!!!
"Abigail!!! Help!!! I'm scared. Now let's go!" screamed Susan.
The little monsters followed Susan and Abigail and talked to the dragon to tell it that they were not dangerous people. The monsters said to the dragon,
“Please help they are lost.” The dragon picked up Abigail and Susan, broke the stones and flew out of the cave. "AHHHH!!! What's the dragon doing?!" screamed Susan.
"Um I think it's helping us!" screamed Abigail. The dragon flew up into the clouds and back down to the entrance of the cave. "Now let's head back home," said Susan.
They were always up for another adventure...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!