The Breeze

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

'Ssshhhhhh' the wild raging wind was blowing on everyone's faces it was so strong knocking everyone back in their tracks. Jason's feet were slipping as he started crawling to the generator.
"We need to shut down the portal pronto" Yelled Finn.
"I figured that" Jason yelled back at him.
So Jason dashed up to the portal and a huge sheet of metal knocked him back in his tracks. Jason's arm was now injured not badly.
Suddenly out of the blue came a...
"Why do we have to feed the chickens? Honestly we've got the whole of the countryside to do something fun and we have to feed the chickens" Jason bellowed so their dad could hear them.
"Plus we've got 150 chickens to feed and we've only fed 100; and most of them reject the food" Finn replied. All of a sudden a drop of rain dripped down Finns arm. Finally they could stop because it was raining. So they gathered up all the chickens and their food and took them back to the barn. By the time they had rounded up the chickens it was bucketing down with rain. So they had to camp out in the barn till it stopped raining.
"So what do you want to do?"
After the rain had stopped there were raging winds again. Finn and Jason were walking when they saw a game of street soccer, so they asked to play. They we're in! The whistle blew and Jason started sprinting down the line Finn had the ball. Finn crossed it to Jason and he had a shot and... missed Finn also had a shot and it hit the post so Jason bashed the ball and scored. The score is 4-4.
"This team is hard and I think it's because there's 2 of us and 10 of them."
"Probably" Finn replied.
"Come on last goal wins" Jason told Finn. Finn just randomly kicked it to Jason, so Jason dashed up the line and chipped in a basketball hoop [for the fun of it] and got the ball back. Jason took a shot and scored when they were celebrating something enormous came out of the blue!! A giant portal just fell out of the sky sucking up everything!!
Out of the blue a shiny potato fell out of the sky. The potato fell on Jason's arm so that didn't help. The potato had a button on it so Jason clicked and it healed his arm. But then a rock fell on the same arm so Jason clicked it again and it healed his arm again.
"Finn listen, get a hammer and go to the portals generator and start hitting it" so Finn does what Jason says. Jason waits for the portal to break when he realized what he needs to do. He throws the potato at the generator BANG...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!