Lost And Found

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

“Click.” Went my puppy’s lead as we clipped it onto her dark purple collar. Mum and I were about to take Evie (our puppy) for a walk. As we left home Evie began barking thunderously like always.
“Creek!”
That was the enormous garage door lifting up.
As we start walking I asked mum “Where we are going?”
She replies “We’re just going to walk down Floor Street then up Ball Road then we’ll come back.”
“Ok,” I replied in a soft chirpy voice.
As we head off Evie starts tugging and pulling on the lead and all of a sudden Evie begins running. I sprint after her.
“Evie,” I yell.
I continue running. I start panting, I’m losing my breath. Then I come to a stop, she’s gone forever. That night I was so upset I couldn’t get to sleep but I think eventually I ended up crying myself to sleep. That afternoon Mum and I hung up posters in hope of finding Evie. The next morning I got up to play basketball (the legendary sport it is) to try and cheer me up after losing Evie however it didn’t really help.
After about an hour of playing basketball I am ready to go inside. I untie my shoes and put my basketball down. Then all of a sudden I hear a little “ruff” behind me. I turn around and to my surprise there is my puppy dog Evie. I give her a big hug of joy. She had grass all over her and she smelt rotten. So mum and I cleaned her up and that night Evie and I snuggled on the couch and fell straight to sleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!