The Largest Piles Of Leaves

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

It was autumn, a cold wind was blowing at the Jenkins’ house, a very colourful house. Lots of different coloured leaves were flying around the house. Mily was staring out the window waiting for her best friends. She sighed because she had just finished raking all those leaves. "Honey your friends aren't going to magically appear," said Mily's mum. "I know, but I really want to get on with our club to help with homeless people," Mily replied.
After two and a half hours of her helping her mum cook lots of yummy treats, her friends arrived. Mily's friends were called Grace and Molly. "Come and put your stuff in my room," Mily told the girls, "Mum's just in the kitchen making some biscuits." So off they went to have some delicious cookies.
Munch munch. "Let's go get our coats so we can go to our cubby,” said Grace. "Alright.” Then they went to go get their coats. "Look how much leaves there are," said Molly in shock. "I've got a great idea. Why don't we sew all the leaves together to make tents for the homeless?" said Mily.
They ended making 100 tents with all those leaves. There were two different coloured tents, orange and red.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!