Shave

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

“Beep beep,” went Hairy Styles’ alarm clock.
Today, Hairy Styles is getting a haircut. Hairy Styles ate a quick breakfast, got ready to go to the barber, and left his house. Hairy Styles turned down the street to go find the barber and got a coffee on the way. He walked and walked further down the street for several minutes but could not find the barber shop. He was sure it was just near his house.
Then, “AHHHHHHHH!” Hairy Styles dropped his coffee on his legs. Suddenly, one of his friends named Dylan came running across the street and slightly bumped on him while he was standing there.
Dylan said, “Oh no, typical Hairy!”
Hairy Styles happily replied, “Hi, Dylan,” while wiping the spilled coffee off his legs. He then saw Dylan going in a wild western restaurant named Jack’s Wild Restaurant. This made Hairy Styles hungry as he only had a light breakfast. He decided to follow Dylan into the restaurant. Dylan agreed to eat lunch together with Hairy Styles. Hairy Styles got really full and was ready to continue his search. After paying his bill, he thanked Dylan and left the restaurant. He continued his walk down the street to find the barber. Still he could not find the place!
Hairy Styles thought of searching the barber using the map on his mobile phone, but then, “Oh no!” Hairy Styles forgot his phone at home. “Now, how am I going to get to the barber?” Hairy Styles thought to himself.
Then he saw the shops right in front of him. Hairy Styles thought that he could do some shopping in the meantime, because he also needed some groceries. He bought bread, milk, butter, cheese, and strawberries.
When Hairy Styles came out of the grocery, he saw another friend of his named Ashley. He noticed that Ashley looked like she just had a haircut. He also remembered that the hair dresser’s shop was next to the barber’s! He excitedly ran up to Ashley to ask her where she got her hair cut from. Unfortunately, Ashley said she got her hair cut from her sister Summer.
“I might know where the hair dresser and the barber shops are “, said Ashley. They walked together down the street, but they did not see the barber anywhere.
Hairy Styles was ready to give up at this point. He was getting hungry again, and it was also getting too late in the afternoon. Too much walking and searching had tired him. He decided to take a taxi to go back home. He thanked Ashley and said goodbye to her.
Hairy Styles hailed for a taxi. Suddenly, the traffic near his house was so bad he decided to walk the rest of the way. As he was getting close to his house, he nearly tripped when he saw the sign flashing next to his house: “Jim’s Barber Shop”.
All along, the barber had only been next door!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!