The Great Beast

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Our ancestors told stories of great beasts, but my grandfather was different. He told stories of a majestic colony of dragons, and the leader became a defender of the town. A large muscular beast's gruesome teeth snarled as I walked toward it. I could turn back but then my quest would be incomplete and all would be lost. Days earlier the town was under attack, air raids came pelting down like meteorites. The town's people who did not esc ape became slaves of the supreme empire of the town close by. There were many wars and battles but in the end the supreme empire was always lay around undefeated. The solders of my town are all ignoble and When the town was in chaos they all left all of the commoners to the die and went abroad to save themselves, and if I have to go down like the Titanic, I’m going to go down a hero!!! So I decided that it was up to me. Staring into its large scarlet red furies biddy eyes stared at me profusely. Eger to make the first move, I moved toward the beast. Suddenly I felt paralysed. I fell to the floor I was scared out of my wits the large beast approached me it was waiting for me to get up suddenly I rose to my feet and saw a piece of the puzzle a painting of people flying on the bare backs of dragons, these were no different to the dragons around me than the pitcher on the old rock and as a painting from my ancestors. My grandfather was the man riding the majestic dragon in the painting. My grandfather was killed in the great battle. He told me before he left for war if the army didn't return and the town was attacked for me to venture across the plains and to find the great beast sadly, the army did not return and the enemy attacked. So that is why I ventured on my quest and I have finally reached success! I've found the great beast.
"Hey isn't that the kid who's grandfather talked about a majestic colony of dragons."
"Yes it is and he's riding a dragon which helped us in battle."
When I landed I found my self surrounded by people, life was different from then on we never got attract ever again.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!