True Dreams

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Once upon a time, there lived a boy who always feared one thing: dreams coming true. He was petrified every day, every minute, every second... But his parents just thought he was just a big wimp, once they said this they hadn't known how much the boy overheard. So, he thought. ‘Why? Why? I am not a wimp! One day I will prove to you I am no wimp!’
That very day, he thought that he could make his dreams come true, even though he feared this thought; he still wanted to do it! All just to make his parents think he is very brave. He waited and waited to try out his plan. It seemed every second took an hour; eventually the time to try his plan arrived. He started to gobble down his dinner, then he rushed off to brush his teeth, which the boy's parents thought was very strange.
Two minutes later he said goodnight. His parents thought, did he just say that, he usually never wants to go to sleep, ever! That night he thought of what to dream about, but he thought scary thoughts, maybe it will work, maybe not, but it's worth a shot!
A few minutes later he found what to dream about. He thought hard and then pam! The picture of his dream fired to his mind. In the dream, thunder and lightning bellowed, floods grew and shrieks of horror ruled the town.
After that he woke up. Then thunder and lightning struck, floods rushed through the streets. Water pounded on the roof. Then the boy found his parents in his room to check if he was alright. The boy insisted he was alright, eventually they went back then screams surrounded him.
Then at that moment he heard closer shrieks, his family's shrieks! The boy looked outside of his bedroom window and realized. "Oh no, I didn't finish the dream so this will go forever! I must change this at once...but how? With all of this noise it will be impossible to catch a wink!"
Then it struck him. "What if I day dream, even though it is midnight." So, then he tried to day dream the sun rising, colours pouring onto land, and mythical creatures roaming the town, at midnight. He day dreamed harder and harder about everything that matter to him and then he thought it was enough.
All of a sudden, rain stopped, floods disappearing without a trace. The clouds ran from the sky, with screams cut silent. Then sun beamed through the window and freshness filled the air. While on the outside the boy witnessed mythical creatures playing and having fun. There were unicorns, humming fish and lots more.
The next thing you know, everyone was outside enjoying the sun. But the boy was tired, so he just went back to sleep. Then everything faded to black and all went away, leaving a nice quiet and normal night.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!