All Alone

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

All alone.
At Samantha's house she packed up ready to go out to sea with her brother, as they packed and cleaned, time was ticking, when they were ready to go, they carried their stuff to the yacht. When they completed moving the stuff they needed, they were ready to set sail. Jeff looked at his watch and time was running out for Samantha and Jeff to get out to sea.
Out at sea,
They watched the water below as they sped across the water, when it was night time, that night was crepuscular and quiet, too quiet. As Samantha and Jeff headed off to sleep, crash! Bang! They woke up and scurried to see what was happening and they were met by a big thunderstorm! Samantha said, "What are we going to do?" They rushed to the control centre of the boat and tried their best to stay intact with the boat, or at least have a boat to float on. They were doing well until...one of the lightning bolts hit the boat in the dead centre of the decking, Samantha and Jeff started to get scared of what could be living in the water ready to take the flesh off their bodies, then the boat started to flood and then sunk slowly then it went all black.
All alone.
Samantha survived the storm and ended up on a beach of an island, as she stood up, she yelled out Jeff's name repeatedly "JEFF! WHERE ARE YOU?" but she got no response, Samantha began to worry about what happened to Jeff. Samantha started to search for a strong, firm stick, a stone and vines. Luckily, she was on an island with a jungle. Samantha found a short bamboo stick, a sharp stone and vine s. She made a make-shift stone axe and started to build a temporary shelter.
The next morning
As she woke up, she took a walk along the beach and she found two suitcases with food supplies and clothing, as Samantha pondered to herself, "I wonder whose suitcases these are?" as she approached the suitcases, when she was close enough she opened the blue suitcase that had a blue watch, a glass bottle and clothing. Samantha opened the other suitcase and it had a lead pencil, food and clothing. As she was playing around with Jeff's watch she noticed a name, not any name her brothers name, but she had one question and that question was how did I get here and when did I get here? That question remains unanswered.
The next day...
Samantha built a raft and tested it by taking it out to sea and the bamboo crumpled a bit from her weight, when she got out to sea, she celebrated briefly that the raft was holding together and is supporting her weight for now...as she drifted out to sea.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!