Spirit

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Have you ever hated someone so much you want to kill them? Have you ever gone further than you want? Have you ever seen dead bodies floating in your bedroom? Have you ever felt a sixth sense? I have. Yep who would of thought? Me, Lizzie Shim. The ten-year-old in grade nine with white eyes and no friends. Gone through this? I guess you want the story if you're like any of the others. You seem restless to hear it so for you I won't leave any questions unanswered (well maybe a few).
First day back at school, worst day ever if you're like me. You've got no friends, so you've got no excuse to go out. If you don't go out, you don't pick up styles and if you don't pick up styles you spend lunch hanging out in the dumpster. Yeah it had just happened to me. I was in the bath room getting all of the old yogurt off my arm when the noise of shoes clanging on the stone floor suddenly halted. It was silent. I tuned to the door to walk out and see what was happening but in my way was a little girl.
She had completely white eyes with a creepy glow, her hair was as black as night and floated above her. Her skin was pale and tight. She wore a grey dress and black boots. I felt weird. It was painful, sad and confusing. I closed my eyes to think but when I looked again she was gone.
In class the girl stared at me through the window. It was creepy and each class seemed to go on forever. When I finally got home I was exhausted, so I went to bed.
I was skipping through a meadow of daisies and butterflies with my long black hair whipping my arms. Suddenly there was a click. I turned to see what it was. It was a bullet! It came at my head! I heard cries and screams! It was saddening and confusing then painful. l'D BEEN SHOT!
I awoke immediately sweating like crazy. In front of me sat the girl. I panicked, clung on to a pair of scissors and hurled it at her. It went straight through her! She was a ghost! Her eyes turned red and she floated above me. Dead bodies came out of my cupboard and floated around my room.
"What do you want!?" I screamed with tears pouring out my eyes. Her face softened, her eyes went back to normal and the bodies disappeared. "I want your help," the ghost cried, "you're the only one with the sixth sense."
"Sixth sense?" I questioned.
"Spirit. You can see, hear and help ghosts," the ghost replied, "you’re also smarter and I need to talk." "Ok I'll talk," I said. We talked all night and she came over a lot. Soon I'll join her.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!