The Virtual World

My name is Wade Wilson, I've never met my parents before and the year is 3018, now the world is dull and grey I live in a small apartment five meters high and the only place to get noticed is in the simulator.
It is like a virtual universe where you can be anyone, do anything and interact with actual humans.
Nevertheless, the only way to enter the simulator is by putting on a virtual headset and a virtual suit the suit is so you can touch and feel objects.
Scrrrr as the television flicked on the government delivered an important message "Citizens of the real world, we have discovered that at this stage anyone in the virtual world that is about to die is going to also die in the real world from a malfunction that also means that the malfunction itself can kill you."
As I cannot hear it because I’m in the simulator riding in the DeLorean (the car from Back to the Future). "Woohoo!" As I cut off the 9195 bat mobile I suddenly realise that I'm going so fast I end up 20 years into the future.
However, everything’s the same as I turn to the Left, I see a massive mansion as I enter inside there is a massive party as I make it past a gathering of people I make it to the bar tender. As I look on a metal tray I see my avatar, it looks like an anime character in my 20’s with grey hair. "What drink?" Said the bar tender.
"Uh scotch."
"You sure, that's pretty strong" "Yeah, I'm sure."
"Ok."
As I sip on my refreshing drink I suddenly felt a bit dizzy as I finish the last few drops I realise I am drunk, as I get up I see malfunction.
I grab the closest gun to me right out of a person from Halo I suddenly pull the trigger firing at the tall black and green person thing it makes a screaming sound then explodes. "Who saw that? I'm better than all you fools" I said drunk before dropping to the floor unconscious.
As I slowly get up everyone congratulates me for eliminating the malfunction then the s.w.a.t of the virtual world "We would like to meet you in the real world, we are accessing your location."
As I take off the headset I hear a knock at the door. As I get up to answer the door the government greets me and gives me a prize of half a trillion dollars and full of control of the virtual world. "Thank you for eliminating the malfunction" he says before leaving. As I hop back in I create a much safer place for whoever enters the virtual world.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!