Stranded At Sea

I thought this was going to be the trip of a life time, I had been looking forward to it for over a year. It was our trip to Thailand, we had so many things planned, and my brother, sister and cousins had been talking about it for so long.
One of the things that we wanted to do was visit Phi Phi Island. We got up early feeling excited but nervous as I had a strange feeling that something bad was going to happen. We were on the bus ride to Phi Phi Island and everyone on the bus was joking around that something was going to happen that wasn’t very good.
When we got to the boat dock things started going downhill because the boat wasn’t even there. So, we waited and waited and finally the boat arrived a whole hour late.
We all stood at the edge of the deck not really believing our eyes, the boat did not look anything like the picture in the brochure that we had seen. This boat looked old and rusty and to make things worse the captain of the boat was trying to get the motor working. When he finally got the boat going we all boarded but all we could smell was petrol. By this stage it had also started to pour with rain.
Everyone on the boat was very quiet on the way to the island, usually we were always really noisy everywhere we went. I started to feel sick half way there as the water was getting very rough and the waves were humongous!
All of the sudden when we were only half way there, the boat just stopped in the middle of the ocean. The waves were getting bigger and the boat was rocking so much that it felt like it was going to tip over and capsize. This was making me feel even worse, but I was so scared because then everyone started to cry. My cousin was so worried about me that they started to hug me and comfort me.
Finally, the captain got the motor working again because he pulled out a rope from the motor and threw it back in the water after half an hour of waiting. But we decided that our trip to Phi Phi Island had to come to an end and that we should turn the boat around. There were already too many scary things that had happened and we all had that bad feeling that if we kept going something even worse might happen to us.
When we finally arrived back on dry land I felt so happy that we all had arrived back even though our dream of going to Phi Phi Island never happened.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!