The Lost Dog

The Lost Dog
By George Gill


“Eggs,eggs,eggs,” I say to myself as they yell the words GO I sprint off into the forest and start searching for those mouth watering choc Eggs. Then my eyes flash as I see a giant yellow egg in the distance. My legs carry me at lightning speed but when I get close enough I have been mistaken, It's only a small Golden retriever, the dog kind.

But this dog was weeping it seemed hurt, so I looked all around it it till I came to its tail and realized its tail was stuck under a big and heavy rock. And within a second I have pulled out my phone and called
9224 2222 then I call Mum and tell her to come to my location Asap

After a while the RSPCA animal rescue arrives And three people hop out of a van and in inspect the dog to figure out how this has happened` Then they tell us “the only way is to cut the rock in half with a power drill.


“But won’t that have a chance of killing the dog” she was right it could happen, but probably won’t happen I told myself so They turned it on the chainsaw and started to cut it in half I took a long time but finally the rock split in half leaving the dog unharmed but me on the other hand was in pain because one half of the rock fell on my foot and it turns out I was the one who went to hospital to get my foot treated.


We take the dog back to the vet and let them search for a microchip in the dog's neck then vet people come out to tell us the news and my heart sank when I heard the words “the dogs homeless with no microchip so will have to be put him up for adoption” and before we knew it, the dog we found,saved and then adopted, later that night he hopped on my bed and I said “ Good boy Buddy”.




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!