Darkness In The Room

The lights are out, the darkness creeps, the room is quiet, not even a peep.
Shadows are monsters that lurk in the night, to only disappear with a glimpse of light.
The tiniest creak, the tiniest noise, one little peak, I think it was the toys.
The wind is howling, the trees scrape, I think I can hide, within my cape.
Something is growling under my bed, is it the monster, or is it just in my head?
The cupboard is open, every corner pitch black, I know it is hoping for me to turn my back.
It’s no where near morning, I won’t even survive! I’ll scream, and I’ll shout to save my life!
Something creeps forward, it’s scary and tall, it’s slim and pointy, it jumps off the wall.
Its smile is wide, it’ll win for sure, I stood up and thought I need to be mature!
Crossing the room towards the switches, I take one last glance, it smiles, then ditches.
The light glows brightly showing the room, my imagination for sure, who would assume?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!