Into The Mist

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

My cold, black hair flowed down my white, frilly dress. I stepped into the the thick, cold mist. I held out my lantern as my pink lips turned white. I wonder what could be out there? Goosebumps rose upon my pale skin, and I could feel my teeth chattering like a boney skeleton. The mist crept up my legs with every cautious step I took. I shivered with fear, I was all alone walking through the icolating mist at the darkest of midnights, and I have no idea how I came upon this situation.
"CREAK!" I stopped dead still. I glared at an old rickety fence where the noise came from. It had been twisted up into a completely different position! " It's probably just the wind", I muttered to myself, a cool lump of air appeared as I spoke. But deep down I knew that fences can't move like that with the wind. I was petrified, but I couldn't stop my curiosity from dragging me over to the fence.
I laid my hand on the ice cold fence, " YUCK!" I yelled. The fence was covered in slimy chunky stuff! It was disgusting! "GRR", I turned completely pale as I heard a loud growl, It sounded like it was very close to me. I slowly stepped back through the mist. I panted loudly as I saw a horrifying monster rise above the fence! It had a human form with slimy skin, and long arms like sticks, and it didn't have a face! Al of a sudden it was gone!
I ran through the mist faster than I have ever ran before! I was panting as loud as a lion! I kept peeking behind me, but the monster was nowhere to be seen! I kept running and all of a sudden I tripped over a large rock. I looked up to a lamp post, it started to flicker, then every other lamp post on the street started flickering at an alarming rate! What is going on? I slowly stood up, I once again turned pale as I heard a loud growl come from behind me, "GRR!" I felt tears welling in my eyes, I tensed my fists as I turn around to see the horrifying monster! "AAAH!" I pushed my legs the move faster, and faster through the mist, my heart was beating out of my chest, my legs ached, and I had tears streaming down my face! " HELP! HELP!" I cried, the monster was inches away from me. Ahead of me I saw another large rock, I tried my best to doge it, but I managed to trip over, I went sliding across the gravel, my chin was grazed and blood started pouring from my face. "AAAAH! HELP!", i screamed! The monster looked down at me, the horrifying creature lowered it's face to me, I screached, "AAH!"
I sat up startled, I was in bed? Thank god it was just a dream! I let out a sigh of relief. I was still out of breath, I dared not to close my eyes ever again!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!