Blue Sky Paradise

Excellence Award in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Blue Sky Paradise
White blurs stretched across the light blue sky in heaps of different forms and shapes, they looked as if a small child had drawn them in a rushed scribble. The sky was a fascinating thing, always changing, at times it is just plain blue and sometimes it can be so full of stars that it looks as if it is about to burst open, spilling millions of sparkling diamonds from the sky. The moon looked like an egg that was being hung poorly by string against a navy blue backdrop, whereas the sun was a great big ball of fire and gas mixed up together that felt at times like it was getting closer and closer every minute, hotter and hotter every second and more and more brighter the closer you looked at it. But Summer in Melbourne was not the place to have snow, one of my favourite things about nature, I imagined feeling the tiny snowflakes on the tips of my fingers and playing with the bitter cold snow and turning it into a snowman. I knew I would never get to see the snow. I feel so small sometimes, like nothing is ever going to work out for me.

Every day I would be transformed into the world of snow and ice, in my dreams, but only in my dreams. I knew it would happen soon, the day were I would leave the world and finally go to live up with the beautiful snowmen and the icicles that hang perfectly from the tops of caves and roofs, I couldn’t wait, I am not scared of death, Because someday I know I will be reborn in a new body. Maybe in my next life I would become a snow reporter. I was born with an illness that there is no cure or medicine for so I will live a short life.

I like to stroll through the lush green grass in my backyard, barefoot because it feels as if I am walking on a thick soft green carpet and when I walk on it, it sinks down and up again like when you are stepping on bundles of hay.
I sat on the peaceful grass and watched the sky turn from light blue to beautiful evening colours. It had spots of purple and smudges of navy blue and orange. In the morning when I woke up and saw the pretty, orange semi circle shaped sun gleam through my bedroom window I knew it was the day where I would finally give up the pain and go live with the peaceful souls in heaven.

It was about lunchtime, and me and my family were sitting out on the grass watching time go by. The sky was distracting me, it was the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen. It was a blue sky paradise right in front of my eyes.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!