Uncle Bern

I act like I don’t think of you, but every time I hear your name tears come to my eyes,
I miss you more and more.
I have thought of you for the past 2 years you left us.
Every time I walk into your house all the memories come rushing back,
All the day’s I sat with you in your shed, all the Christmas’s I spent with you,
All came to the end on my birthday two years ago.
I was destroyed and didn’t believe it at the start but I realised it was true.
Everyone kept telling me that it was going to be OK.
Everyone told me that you left us on my birthday so I would always remember you.
And it definitely worked,
And the day you left all of the family got closer,
But lately life has been hard.
I wish I could go see you whenever I wanted but I can’t and it makes me really upset.
The year you passed away at Christmas we put a photo in the middle of the table of you,
I tried to hide my tears but they just came running out. I hope you’re looking down on me, and I hope you’re proud of me.
We all miss you so much, but I miss you the most.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!