Samaritan

Black smoke arose from the battered collision of the crash. Smoke polluted the sky that was once calm blue. I heard the fire crackle, hidden beneath the flame, a muffled scream. My heart pounded. The sirens wailed in the background. Do I help? Should I leave it to the professionals? The muffle increased in pitch.
"HELP!"
I felt the beat of my heart pounding, knocking against my chest. I stared at the collision and my body rushed with adrenaline to help. The black smoke intensified into thick smog near the collision. The disgusting smell fumed and pent up in my lungs. Breathing turned into choking, intensifying every second. In the heart of the collision, I saw one of the drivers slowly escaping, reaching safety. However, the other driver was stuck in the burning stained black car, of smoke. Rushing as quickly as possible I kicked in the driver’s seat. Slowly I pried the broken door and grabbed the driver. The driver a young woman, probably similar age to myself. She was unconscious, though I dragged her unconscious body to safety. Passing slowly through the smog to the smoke and into the streets with the firefighters. I dragged her and slowly laid her body in the recovery position, next to the ambulance that was heading in from the distance. My chest tightened, and my body collapsed to the hard-cold ground.

Silence. A terrifying silence passed. Finally, I awoke to the hospital room, white and clear. Slow knocking on my door, someone abruptly came in. The young woman I saved walked in. Two doctors followed behind her. Rushing towards me the woman gave me the warmest and friendliest hug. The doctors spoke,
"my friend have saved this woman, she isn't able to speak due to inhaling of too much smoke. Though you are truly a good Samaritan my friend, you risked your life for someone in trouble."
She let go and gave me the brightest smile I've seen. One good act turned into the most positive event in my life.
"kids that's how I met your mother, the act of kindness to a stranger can change the perspective of the world, no matter how simple it is. Happiness can be found anywhere."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!