Raven

Some people say the farm life is harsh but honestly, I think the city's harsher. Living on a farm is like living in the clouds with more muck. I’m Zoe Phillips and I’m fifteen. My mum, sister and I came out here to have a vacation and visit my grandpa and we’ve been loving it. The day my sister went missing was horrible until I found her and the stables. It was like a dream come true. Ever since that day, I never stopped going to the stables. The day after I went for a walk on the beach, I was standing without a thought in my mind, staring at the horizon and then I heard something, it was odd and I have never heard it before and as I turned around a beautiful black horse was galloping towards me. In panic, I started to bolt like lightning, but tripped. When the horse got closer to me, I started to stand up to bolt again, but instead of running, I held my hands up horrifically waiting for what was going to happen next. That was when I met Raven. I started to ride since then, but not Raven, no one would allow it because he is too vicious. My mother didn’t know that I was riding and she wouldn’t allow it, but the day I decided I didn't care what everyone else said, I just jumped on Raven and galloped away. Everyone thought Raven and I were missing, but it wasn’t until I got to the beach that Raven started to play up. He threw me off his back so I ran for it, but the first thought in my mind was to call my mum, but when she came to the beach and helped him, she grounded me for a week, which meant I couldn’t go to the stables. Ever since my mum grounded me, I’ve been saying I am going to the pier with Rosie, but I’m actually going to the stables instead. It was one day before my birthday and I am going to have a massive party. Invite all of my friends from the stables, have a chocolate fountain, have a juice bar and triple choc fudge cake. My birthday was going to be great and I couldn’t wait. All of the party guests and presents, it was going to be the best night of my life. I was having a great time until a girl from the rival stables turned up to my party. All she wants is to cause drama and that’s exactly what she did. That evil witch told my boyfriend that I kissed his best friend. After she did that, my boyfriend ran down the beach and tackled his best friend and they were fighting until I caught up to them and begged them to stop and sarcastically I said, “Why don’t you have a swimming race just to see who’s the fastest?’ Stupidly they took me seriously and they did the race. I walked back to the party and told everyone to leave. I said this party has nothing to do with me and I ran to the stables, got onto Raven and rode him onto the pier. Just waiting to see what would happen next.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!