Late

The bell rang for the second time. I was now well and truly biting into period 5. I pushed the toilet door once again. No movement. I pushed and shoved and pushed and shoved. Still not even a creak. If I pushed any harder, I would break the door. That idea flopped. “I can climb under,” I thought to myself. As I crawled down to the ground my hand touched a puddle of something and it was wet. I didn’t know what it was, and I don’t think I wanted to know. I got up almost instantly. Yuck! “What did I just touch?” kept running through my head. I then had a thought to climb over instead of under. Surely, it’d be clean but soon to realise that I couldn’t reach. What was I going to do?
I peered out the door to see if I could see a person but only to realise there was a chair in front of the door. Janice. Janice is the popular mean girl whom everyone loves but hates. I didn’t even think that was possible. Janice hates me. She calls me four eyes and snot shot. I only shot boogers at someone once and that was an accident in Grade 3. Surely, she would forget that in 7 years. But no. I got on my hands and knees, remembering not to touch the wet patch, I tried as hard as I could to get the chair out of the way. After 5 minutes or so… I moved it far enough to open the door. I ran as fast as I could to the classroom. As I was about to knock on the door, I realised I had a big wet patch on my skirt.
I was as fast as a cheetah. Zooming back to the bathroom to use the hand dryer to dry my skirt. But a big whiff of something nasty went up my nose. Puuwee! Did someone forget to flush? The smell got worse. I bent down to smell my skirt. Man did that stick. Again, running around but to the other direction. My bag had deodorant I could spray on my skirt. Finally, I got to my bag, drowned myself in deodorant and I was off once again. Hopefully for the last time. Running up the corridor past many classrooms and yes, you guessed it. I fell flat on my face. I hate running so when I did run, I was desperate. I don’t have much experience in running so hence me falling on my face. I let out an enormous scream.
As I looked up the corridor, I saw classroom doors open one by one all the way up. Luckily, I was far enough away from Mr. Haliotus’ classroom that he didn’t hear me. One teacher hastily walked to my side. Mrs. Heart. She was the best teacher and cared so much for me. She’s been a close family friend of mine for as long as I can remember. She pulled me into her classroom to fix up my face. She cleaned out all the gravel and washed it thoroughly. Surprisingly with no pain. She had the magic touch. I gave her a thank you then I was off. I only walked this time for two reasons. One, I was scared I was going to fall on my face again; two, I knew the class was going to end soon so I gave up.
I knocked on the door. Mr. Haliotus ignored me the first time. I knocked again. I could see Janice in the background laughing and giggling to her ‘friends’. Mr. Haliotus walked to the door. He was on a mission. I could see the thought on his face and how he would punish me severely. I was scared. Ready to vomit. He opened the door. “Emily.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!