Walking In The Darkness

It was a calm day, the salty smell of the sea and the cold water touching my toes wanted to make me cry. I always have bad days like this, I wish they could see what I'm doing for her. My child doesn't understand how hard I work so that they can have a good life.

I walk in the darkness so that she may see the light.

At school, I have the creamy smell of the delicious food in the cafeteria. At home, there's Mum trying to ask me to help her with the washing. It’s like she wants me to waste my breath. But I guess it’s easy to shut her whining up because all I have to say back is Mum your so old and you should understand I don’t want to waste my precious life on washing. Then that’s when she shuts up. She just doesn't understand.

She walks through the darkness so I may see the light.

As I DO THE WASHING my back aches and my legs are sore from carrying so much washing baskets. I wish instead of playing with her friends she would help me so that I would get this done quickly so that I wouldn't have to hurt my back. I depend on my daughter to put her school bag away clean her own bedroom and do her washing. But instead of her doing all that stuff it’s me who ends up putting it away.

I walk in the darkness so that she may see the light.

My Mum wants to kiss me goodbye and say I LOVE YOU. But I don’t let her otherwise she’ll embarrass me in front of my friends, and plus I’m not her little baby anymore I’m an independent young lady who doesn’t need her Mums help anymore... Or shall I say my Mum should be doing all my chores? She keeps on telling me over and over again that when I have kids I’m gonna be doing the same thing that’s she’s doing and that she should learn how to do them properly. She just doesn’t understand that when I’m older my husband is gonna do all the work and my kids while I’ll be having nice calm massages.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!